Help

libbyysyykesss
New Community Member
Hiya, I’m looking for someone to give me advice. I’m new to PayPal and have used it to sell some things on depop. My money is being held, I didn’t know I needed to update tracking information after I sent off my parcels. My customers have received their products and are happy with them but my money is still being held
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @libbyysyykesss ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are glad that you are using Paypal to receive payments. Let me help clarify and explain how it works.

Here are some common reasons why a payment may be temporarily unavailable:

• You’re a new seller with PayPal, or you’re an established seller but have opened a new account. It takes time to build up enough history of successful transactions.
  • You haven’t sold in a while. Previously inactive accounts may be subject to payment holds while rebuilding a positive selling history.
  • You receive a large number of reversals, disputes, or chargebacks. We suggest that you communicate with your customers often and work with them to resolve any concerns. If your customer filed a dispute or chargeback because someone illegally used their PayPal account to make the transaction, please hold off on shipping any items.
  • Your selling pattern has changed. For example, the sales volume increases abnormally, or there’s a change in your average selling price, business platform, or type of item being sold.
  • The transaction involves higher-risk items, including tickets, gift cards, consumer electronics, computers, and travel packages.

Payments are being held because we wanted to make sure that there are enough funds in your Paypal account to resolve any issues that may arise with your transactions, such as chargebacks and disputes. 

Typically, funds will be available to you after 21 days after receipt. However, there are other ways to help with the release of funds sooner. One, would be like what you mentioned, uploading the tracking number on the transaction itself. It normally would be released 24hrs after the systems confirms that it was delivered. 

Another would be, the buyer confirms they've received the item, by doing it on their Paypal account then your payment will be released immediately. Here is a link on how they can confirm receipt. If ever you'd be able to speak with the buyer, they can help out. They have to do it on a browser though, since it is not available on the app. 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-receipt-of-an-item-faq4176?app=searchAu...

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.