Having issue add paypal to google pay. Canada

Subzeroevil
New Community Member

So i am not seeing a way to add paypal  to google pay  i followed the help on paypal and i do not see google pay anywhere. Both in google pay and paypal.

You can add PayPal to Google Pay through the Google Pay app or through the PayPal app. To add through the PayPal app tap the Settingsgear icon, then Google Pay, then Set it Up. To add though the Google Pay app go to the Cards tab and tap the + symbol, select PayPal to add your PayPal account.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/how-can-i-add-paypal-to-google-pay-faq3455

i made sure that I was on the Canada help site.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
In Canada if you try to link Paypal under the Google Pay app for some reason it won't work, and its the same for trying to link it through Paypal. BUT....what worked for me was to make a purchase through the Play Store and when it asks for your payment method you can hit "new payment method" and add it that way. Then if you go into your Google Account it should show as one of your payment methods and you can link it to Google Pay. Hope this helps!
Login to Me Too

Rozy63
Contributor
Contributor

How do you link it then? 

Login to Me Too

EdwinFinch
New Community Member

Can verify that this "worked" for me as of April 2021.

What didn't work is that PayPal still won't show up as an option for me when checking out on other sites using Google Pay (chiefly my own development site).

But at least there's a half workaround out there.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.