Groupon bed return

weaselgirl76
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a bed from Groupon, which is not fit for purpose, so low that you may as well be sleeping on the floor.  Am trying to return using Paypal buyer protection, but they have now suggested contacting Groupon asking for them to collect the item, as I am being told to return it to Switzerland from the Uk at my cost (which is greater than the beds cost!!).  Looking at my account on Groupon they have changed the status of the item to refunded althought they haven't of course, it just means I can't ask them to collect the item as the status has changed.  I really don't know what to do next......

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_david

Hi there Weaselgirl76.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear what has happened here. In these types of situations, we would always encourage the buyer to try working directly with the merchant to come to an agreement that suits both parties.

You should try reaching out to Groupon directly or the merchant who sold the item to you through their app/website. You should find this information directly through the order status on your Groupon account.

I hope this helps.
David.

Login to Me Too

weaselgirl76
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for answering.

Unfortunately Groupon have decided to change the status of my order to refund, even though it hasn't been, as I said I was going to try and get the Paypal protection involved.  This doesn't make any sense to me and is factually and legally incorrect.  However after a barrage of emails from me to Groupon, they have arranged a courier to pick up this bed next week, so am keeping my fingers crossed this actually happens.

I did reach out to Groupon but their response time is very poor and erratic, whereas I have had better communication with Paypal, albeit when an item is this large and expensive to courier it would appear the Paypal buyer protection is rather limited.

Login to Me Too

Zlc
New Community Member
I have just received an email telling me I made a £57 payment to web site I have not and it’s not logged as a payment on my account!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.