Got scammed by fake website

MichealJarmon
Contributor
Contributor
So I was buying a basketball hoop off of flatery.club and I paid for it through paypal. Although I did not sign in to my account to pay and now I dont know how to get a refund for it because I didnt sign in. I have the confirmation email from paypal.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @MichealJarmon ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

To cancel an order that is already completed, you would need to communicate with the seller directly so that they can cancel the order and process the refund since the payment is already received by them. 

For the refund, it will automatically be swept back to the original funding source used. 

If you paid with your:

• Credit card (including PayPal Credit): your refund will go to your credit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the card was canceled or you paid with a prepaid card, contact the card issuer to access your refund. The money will still be sent to this card account.
  • Bank account: your refund will initially go back to the PayPal balance before being auto swept back to the original funding source (bank). It may take up to 5 business days for the refund amount to appear on your bank account. If a refund is issued shortly after you paid, we'll try to cancel the transaction so you're never charged. If we're unable to cancel the transaction, the refund will be processed and sent to your bank account.
  • Debit card: your refund will go to your debit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the refund can't be applied to your debit card, it'll be sent to your PayPal account.  

This would be applicable even if you did not log in to your Paypal account when making the purchase. 

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

MichealJarmon
Contributor
Contributor
I've tried to contact the person and I won't get any kind of response.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MichealJarmon 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (but probably not an option at the moment as their phones lines are not up and running)

OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.