Error 9001-9310 when buying Nintendo Online

PC-hris
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to buy Nintendo Online I get this error:

"Error Code 9001-9310

An error occurred when using PayPal. Please try again. 

If you receive the same error multiple times, please contact PayPal customer service."

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? I just want to play smash.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PC-hris
Contributor
Contributor

So I figured out what was causing this a long time ago and haven't responded to anyone because of the solution.

The problem? Despite not having nearly enough money pass through my Paypal account to warrant it, Paypal froze my account and started demanding my SSN and proof of it. They stopped letting me do anything other than transfer funds from my Paypal to my bank.

Solution? Stopped using Paypal.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Z3URP13T
Contributor
Contributor
Did this ever get resolved? I am having the same problem.
Login to Me Too

christinava13
New Community Member
I have the same problem
Login to Me Too

Z3URP13T
Contributor
Contributor
Sometimes it works after a couple of retries and sometimes it does not. It also depends for what payment method your PayPal is configured.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jenny

Hi @PC-hris,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when attempting to make a purchase on the Nintendo website. Please follow these steps and let me know.  

Hope this helps,

Jenny

Se hai trovato utile questa risposta, lascia per cortesia un Kudos o accettala come soluzione. Il tuo contributo nel forum aiuta altri utenti.
Login to Me Too

Sankesuke
Contributor
Contributor
I tried the steps but the issue persist, I sent a mail to PayPal about how to resolve this issue because I always use PayPal on Nintendo Eshop
Login to Me Too

Sankesuke
Contributor
Contributor
I'm getting the same issue
Login to Me Too
Solved

PC-hris
Contributor
Contributor

So I figured out what was causing this a long time ago and haven't responded to anyone because of the solution.

The problem? Despite not having nearly enough money pass through my Paypal account to warrant it, Paypal froze my account and started demanding my SSN and proof of it. They stopped letting me do anything other than transfer funds from my Paypal to my bank.

Solution? Stopped using Paypal.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Z3URP13T
Contributor
Contributor
This got accepted as an answer but in my case I have to repeatedly try my purchase with PayPal payment sometimes for 10 times without changing anything before it works. In my case my PayPal account is associated to a Mastercard. I have no clue why it sometimes works and sometimes it does not work, I am literally saying that I try it 5 to 10 times in a row before it works. Sometimes logging off and back on or clearing all your cookies might also work.
Login to Me Too

Infyra
New Community Member

I have this problem too and as the previous user says, it works maybe once ever 10 tries. Sometimes the first time of the day, also trying on Switch and then on the webshop on PC sometimes also gives a better chance that it will work.

The problem persists even if there is a balance on the paypal account.

There seems to be no solution except just keep trying 20, 30 or 40 times a day, every 30 minutes and hope it works before any of the eshop sales are over.

This is probably a messed up webservice call or such, maybe a timeout.

Error on the Nintento Eshop side: 9001-9310 Error while using Paypal.

Error on the Paypal side: Error code 10417 possibly related to security.

Also people report that because Nintendo uses a Japanese email adress for their paypal, even if you manage to succeed you may get up to 5-10% fees from your bank if you have it linked because of the foreign transaction fees.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.