Email Notifications not received when I get a website sale. I am using WooCommerce

simplycrafty
Contributor
Contributor

I used to get an email on every PayPal sale to my business email. Something happened on 9/8/18 early morning. IPNs stopped communicating to website and I no longer get emails. I just hit save a couple times in PayPal to fix payment issue with IPNs, as this as mysteriously occurred in the past.  It is almost like they do some maintenance overnight and something just stops working. Anyhow, I have gone into Notifications to fix the email thing and nothing I do works. I went under Settings, Notifications, Updates. Checkmark to send email when payment is received is selected. I unselected and selected again a few times to try and trick it. Nothing. It is not going into my Spam or Junk mail.  Anybody else have that issue?  

Thanks,

Sandy

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

simplycrafty
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I do not know what happened, but I removed the token to make sure. It started working for me a few days ago.  But who knows what the issue was?  It would be nice is PayPal shared what they did.  Thank you for  your help! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MrAuto
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, same here using Woocommerce.
I was thinking it could have been a weird Siteground hosting / email account issue because it also seems to be affecting Ebay Paypal emails as well. But IPN and woocommerce definitely seems dead. If I find anything, I'll report back.

Login to Me Too

simplycrafty
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I appreciate that.  Yes, I have Siteground, so that could be it.  Interesting. At least I was finally able to get the IPN communicating back to my site to auto-close orders.  I have digital product so it is all automated. When it breaks, customers email me and in the middle of the night/morning.  

Login to Me Too

MrAuto
Contributor
Contributor

Siteground have confirmed its not their side, so it looks like a Paypal issue.

Theres a thread here that has a workaround using the Paypal identity token which could help you for now ...

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/orders-stuck-on-pending-2/

Login to Me Too

simplycrafty
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a bunch for the link and information. I did setup the Identity Token, so that must have been what fixed my problem. Just weird. I am watching that other discussion now!  I so appreciate your response, by the way! 

Login to Me Too

MrAuto
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like things are now back to normal, for me at least.

Still not 100% certain what or who caused it ... very strange.

Login to Me Too
Solved

simplycrafty
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I do not know what happened, but I removed the token to make sure. It started working for me a few days ago.  But who knows what the issue was?  It would be nice is PayPal shared what they did.  Thank you for  your help! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.