Echeck has taken 8 days!

mmarland
Contributor
Contributor

I had an incoming deposit on Jan 1st and it still hasn’t cleared. The funds show “money received” on PayPal and the funds were deducted from the sellers account the day they were sent. I’ve tried getting support from PayPal and I’ve been told multiple different things and the customer service seems to have zero insight, knowledge or ability to help me. It says online 3-5 business days on PayPal’s website but today is already the 6th business day. This is a in the US major bank to PayPal echeck. Does anyone know what I can do? I was expecting these funds!! How is holding funds for this long even legal? This seems very fishy. It certainly does not take 6 or more days to clear a check.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mmarland 

Did you receive an email from PayPal of an incoming eCheck in progress? What does it say in there? The ones I have receive previously say 6-10 days (estimated arrival: [date]), etc...on it. And, PayPal will email you when the payment has cleared or failed so there is no need to be asking them because they won't know conclusively. If it is payment for an order, I'd just wait. If its an eBay order, they make (or should make) allowances for processing time of eChecks so you do not get a late shipment defect, of course.  I was just telling someone last night that I have had eChecks in progress that take more than 10 days, and also 4 days and 6 days. It varies and what they have in common is that PayPal will email when money is cleared (or failed).

The very last one I had which was a long time ago, the email notification said 3-5 business days and gave an estimated arrival, it arrived in 4 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mmarland
Contributor
Contributor
I did on the day the funds were sent to me (Jan 1st). It says “ It usually takes 3-5 business days for an eCheck payment to clear.“ today is the 6th business day (if I include weekdays, banks normally DO process checks on sat as example) its already 7 days. I’ve called and chatted with the support team and have not received any meaningful information. They just say “sorry for the inconvenience” and do not seem to be able to help in any way. It’s extremely frustrating because this was money sent to be used for something and we are not behind. The status says “pending” and when you click into it says “money received”. How can paypal not tell me when they are clearing my funds and why are they holding them? It’s been the worst experience ever. A physical check would have been a lot less trouble.
Login to Me Too

Tiffrobinson07
New Community Member
I'm in the same boat! And this money was for a very specific purpose and has created a lot of problems. Have you recieved the funds yet? And if so, what was the total processing time? Also, did it clear in the morning or evening? I just dont know what to expect!
Login to Me Too

Jalesia04
Contributor
Contributor

I am extremely frustrated! This isn't from a seller, it's literally from my daughter.  She sent me an echeck to make payments and it was sent on Jan 8th.  To this day, I have not received the funds.  Everyone is telling me something different.  If I don't receive my funds by the end of business today, I am going to seek legal consul.  

Login to Me Too

Jpbowler15
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal should be embarrassed of this type transaction and 2020 I have the same problem been 7 days and they took the money out of my nieces bank account the next day it's a travesty
Login to Me Too

joshuakeifer
New Community Member

have any of you reached the end of this yet? I'm in the same boat.  Paypal has gone to crap since they left the merger with eBay.   I will be moving to Venmo exclusively I think.  

Login to Me Too

ry99
New Community Member

same here, sent an echeck for an order of equipment on 4/8/2020 and it is currently the 13th....money gone from my account but hasn't gone through to the other party. I'm pretty annoyed and **bleep** off to be honest! This was the first half of payment, for the second half I will be using a different company or just mailing them a regular old check. I thought paypal was supposed to improve my experience lol...guess not. 

Login to Me Too

EK30
New Community Member
I will never, I repeat, NEVER be using an eCheck again. They took funds out literally the same day from my account and it’s now day 5 and still the eCheck is ‘Pending’. WTF?!?!? They are literally holding my money. I’m disgusted with this process. Definitely will be seeking other ways to make payments to vendors.
Login to Me Too

mrdoubleyou

On day 2 of the 3-5 business days. Fortunately, it was done on the weekend so if by Friday my funds have not "cleared" I will be quite frustrated. It's a decently sized transaction >5,000. Not something I will forget. The funds had already been cleared from the senders bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.