Debit card keeps declining

Lucarlow
Contributor
Contributor

I called the bank and they said everything is fine, that my card is working and there are no blocks on my account. They said it was paypal and to call. I had been on hold for 3 hours and 45 minuets before o hung up because I couldn't wait anymore. I don't know why the card is declining, it is a bebit MasterCard and I use it all the time without an issue and this just happened. Does anyone else have this problem? I just want to pay this invoice so I can get my yarn.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal uses a complex screening process for debit/credit card payments. This helps prevent lost or stolen cards from being used for unauthorized transactions. On rare occasions, the screening process affects valid cards.

Link a different card to your PayPal account or pay with your linked bank account if the problem persists. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal uses a complex screening process for debit/credit card payments. This helps prevent lost or stolen cards from being used for unauthorized transactions. On rare occasions, the screening process affects valid cards.

Link a different card to your PayPal account or pay with your linked bank account if the problem persists. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

cheryl74
Contributor
Contributor

Am having the same problem too but when i contacted my bank, they told me there are no issues with my card.

But why am i having difficulty contacting PayPal. Tried to send them numerous emails but till todate they have yet to reply me.

Hope someone could help me resolve the above matter.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

AuWilley
Contributor
Contributor
5-21-2020: Same issue here. Trying to check out with an online merchant, Etsy. Have had the same PayPal & same bank linked since 2011. Never had this issue before. I sent PayPal a message. Let me know if you get anything resolved, good luck!!
Login to Me Too

cheryl74
Contributor
Contributor
Sure, will keep you updated
Login to Me Too

s-bramble
New Community Member

ok so it's not just me. I tried to pay for several ebay items today and kept getting emails from ebay saying the payment didnt go thru. i checked my paypal history and the transactions dont appear. But when I called my credit card company, they said they see the pending transactions...TWICE for each transaction, and that it was ebay reversing the transactions. I called ebay and they said it was an issue with EACH merchant's paypal account. I told the rep that was highly unlikely. Whats the chances of me buying seven items from seven merchants and all seven have an issue?? She repeated her script again and offered to transfer me to paypal. I told her to transfer me. And now, i've been on hold for 1 hr, 22 minutes, 47 seconds and counting. What kinda BS is this? Nobody works at Paypal??

Login to Me Too

laterad
New Community Member

I'm literally having the same issue right now! I'm trying to send my paypal balance to my debit card so I can pay my rent! And I've been on hold forever!

Login to Me Too

ezekielkelly_
Contributor
Contributor
i've been adding my debit card since morning and now it's almost 11pm already. it keeps declining even if its newly charged what to do???
Login to Me Too

rootsnatty
New Community Member

Hi, i have the same problem and the worst part is that there is no way to contact paypal, i wanted to transfer money from paypal on my new debit mastercard but i can't because it keeps saying that is declined. I already called my bank, and they told me that everyhing is fine, of course because i got the card few days ago and that i should contact paypal, and how should i do that when there is no one answering? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.