Buyer send me 5 seperate legitimate friends and family payments

ajdeacon
Contributor
Contributor

and Buyer claims account is hacked to get goods for free. now my funds are frozen and i'm in negative balance

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ajdeacon 

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for non-receipt of item OR item not as described as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ajdeacon
Contributor
Contributor

but they've sent it via paypal.me but they're claiming they were hacked even though they weren't and they sent the transactions over the space of 3-4 hours.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ajdeacon 

They can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and if they win you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

You should not be using the friends / family option to sell goods, sorry but you broke paypal rules and lost your own seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ajdeacon
Contributor
Contributor

my bad didn't mean to put goods he was just sending money for something but it wasn't goods

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.