Buyer requesting paypal invoice

Gemma19861
Contributor
Contributor
I'm selling something and the buyer has asked me to send him an invoive on paypal? Is this legit? Could they say they didnt receive item and scam me?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gemma19861 

Firstly a money request or invoice is the best way to ask for payment as you can fully describe the item you are selling on that.

Secondly you really need to read up on paypals seller protection policy so you can risk assess your transactions.

Lastly if they PAY the invoice and it shows paid and funds are in your paypal balance then the buyer has paid but if its a SCAM then they just send you fake paypal emails saying you have been paid but you won't see the funds in your paypal balance (they ask for an invoice or money request to get your email address to send the fake paypal emails).  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gemma19861
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! Sorry I'm just very cautious at getting scammed. Its a £1000 watch. Im just concerned if they send me the money on PayPal and then say they never receieved it etc or put in a claim against me??????
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gemma19861 

Thats why you need to read up on seller protection first.

Could easily be a scam so carefully read the second part of my above message. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Gemma19861
Contributor
Contributor
I have read them but they're clear as day to me. Even if I send them an invoice and they don't pay how would they scam me???
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gemma19861 

Well they couldn't scam you if you didn't send the item if they didn't pay could they???

My point is that they scam folks by sending fake paypal emails saying that they have paid when they have not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.