A customer says her paypal address is incorrect

jooli23
New Community Member

Hi customer just paid the invoice I sent her for something I sold on Facebook Marketplace but the address was different on the receipt from paypal i got  to the one she had given me, I let her know and she says its her old address, I have said I can only send to her registered address so she is going to update paypal with her new address this evening , once this is done am I OK to post the item ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@jooli23 wrote:

Hi customer just paid the invoice I sent her for something I sold on Facebook Marketplace but the address was different on the receipt from paypal i got  to the one she had given me, I let her know and she says its her old address, I have said I can only send to her registered address so she is going to update paypal with her new address this evening , once this is done am I OK to post the item ?

Hi @jooli23,

The exact address used at the time of purchase, is embedded into the transaction. Even if the customer amends the address on their account, the old version will still apply to that specific purchase. This means that Seller Protection will not be applicable, if the item is delivered to the new address.

You must refund the customer, ask them to amend their address and then they can make the purchase again. Once this is done, the new address is applied to the transaction, which ensures it is protected* for both parties.

* Seller Protection & Buyer Protection does not apply to certain types of items. Please click here for exclusion details.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.