Why do I have to "capture funds"?

jtatulli
New Community Member

There are several ways for members of our club to pay for tickets to events, pay dues, purchase products, etc. When members pay on our club website their monies go directly into our Paypal account. When the make a purchase on the club store I have to then go into the system and "capture funds" to have their payment transfer into the club account. How can I set things up in the store so the monies go directly into the account? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Payflow_Todd
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@jtatulli 

They are two ways to send in a transaction; authorization and sale.  If you perform an authorization, this requires a capture to complete the transaction and is usually used when products or services are delivered at a future time.  A sale transaction is used when products or services are immediately provided; i.e. subscription, memberships, etc.  

Check with the application you are using to see if you can set the payment method to Sale instead of Authorization.  If now, reach out to the developer of the application to make required changes to do a Sale.

Todd

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.