User authentication failed

MichaelKohl
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a problem.  I have 2 websites and on both websites I'm using Payflow_dotNET.dll for transactions.

Website 1 - Transactions work fine and has been working for over a year.

Website 2 - same code but different user credentials.  Sandbox transactions work but Live transactions fail.  Error code: 1 User authentication failed.   Our I.T. Director has said that both paypal accounts are identical ( permissions ) and has contacted support but they think the problem is the SSL certificate.

However, If I put website 1 user credentials into website 2 then the transaction goes through with no problem.  If it was an SSl issue then it would have failed.

Anyone have any helpful information that might solve my problem?  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MichaelKohl
Contributor
Contributor

If you are having issues like I have and have tried everything then I would triple check with support.  

It took us 3 times contacting support to get the message we were looking for.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concerns. I am happy to assist you further. It appears that a feature for the account was stuck in test mode, which was returning that result code. If you were able to reattempt those payments, you should be able to complete them successfully at this point."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.