Silent Post URL not Working in Payflowlink

varungupta364
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Team, I set up Silent Post URL in PayFlowlink and set up the PHP page for it  But it never CALL or Executed. Please help me

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

radox1
Contributor
Contributor

Since 19 August 2022, my website (which has been accepting credit card payments using this interface for many years) has suddenly stopped working. Checking our site's access logs our specified Silent Post URL is no longer being called. As far as we are aware there have been no changes on our server. Have raised a case with PayPal tech support but still no response after 1 day. Any help appreciated.

Login to Me Too

TrainDoctor
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the same problem and have had no reply as well. While the Silent Post isn't working the funds are still being collected and deposited into our bank account.

Login to Me Too

radox1
Contributor
Contributor

We've only just recently got our online payments working again but had to move our website from shared hosting to VPS in order to do this.

The problem appeared to be the SSL/TLS handshaking which ensures the secure communication of data between our website and PayPal when reporting the success/failure of online payments. PayPal confirmed to me that they had changed their SSL certifications in August which I think initiated the problem. However, rather than telling me what had changed, they gave me a long list of standards describing how we should communicate. This was not very helpful and time-consuming, and it wasn’t obvious what was wrong. Eventually, with some help from our website's hosting company, we began to think it was something to do with a mismatch of “ciphers” which is part of this SSL/TLS handshaking process. This wasn't something we could change when using shared hosting so we switched to VPS. I then found out which ciphers are typically used as standard and discovered that our server was using some non-standard ones and it was appears to have been these which were upsetting PayPal. With VPS hosting I was able to remove those unwanted ciphers and our Payflow link started working again.

Hope that helps,

Stuart

Login to Me Too

TAMU-PD
Contributor
Contributor

If I could give you 1,000 "likes" I would. We were experiencing the same problem. Our shopping cart system blamed Paypal, whereas I really believed it was just deflection. Eventually it just "fixed itself" which probably means our vendor updated their own SSL certificates. I wish I had known this a few months ago.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.