Post Data/Notifications from Paypyal to website

svspuneet
Contributor
Contributor

I have Integrated Payflow API for Recurring Payments.

When an Auto renewal recurring payment takes place on paypal, I need to update my database with transaction status and other parameters that we may need!

We are using Paypal Manager,  Any way to integrate some callback url?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

svspuneet1
Contributor
Contributor
Direct Credit Card Processing. We have Payflow API in place.
This is url we use to send our curl requests to "https://payflowpro.paypal.com"

Let me know if you need any other info in order to figure out.

We have credit card from on our site, the request is processed in background and response is directly shown on screen without redirecting anywhere.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Okay, so yeah, from the documentation it looks like the Silent POST feature is only available to "Pro Hosted" which is the iFrame/hosted solution.  I'm a bit surprised by it, but I simply am not finding any information about this feature being available to full PayFlow Pro users.  We're going to need to get some news from one of the PayPal reps about this one.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

svspuneet1
Contributor
Contributor
Keep me posted in this regard!
We are lacking information on recurring billings, and not able to locate which users, transactions are taking place on our site database.
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Have you considered setting up a CRON job that pulls transaction data from your account on a given interval?  It wouldn't be real-time like POST back would be, but you could run every few minutes if you need to and just pull anything new that you haven't pulled yet.

Login to Me Too

svspuneet1
Contributor
Contributor
I tried pulling profiles using ACTION =I but that did not solve my purpose.
The parameters returned after processing transaction through Paypal Manager using Payflow Pro API with ACTION=A and Paypal IPN are different, so that too didn't work!
There should be some parameter indicating us to match our recurring transaction.
PS: Paypal IPN does work for me, the same url I did set yp in Silent post back which never worked.
Login to Me Too

svspuneet1
Contributor
Contributor
Is there any other way or API for recurring billing with direct credit card processing ?
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

What you're running now is Payments Pro 2.0 + Recurring Billing, which uses the PayFlow gateway.  If you were to setup Website Payments Pro 3.0 + Recurring Payments instead then you could use IPN the way you're wanting.  There isn't any way to port these profiles from 2.0 to 3.0, though, so switching may not be an ideal solution for you unless you are very early in your process.  

Also, don't get confused.  2.0 is actually newer than 3.0 believe it or not.  For details on that you may be interested in my article on The History of PayPal Payments Pro.

Login to Me Too

svspuneet1
Contributor
Contributor
Well, we are told by paypal support that our issue has been assigned to some technician but it is being in queue due to its priority.
Waiting to hear back from Paypal.

Yeah I'm aware about WPP.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.