Post Data/Notifications from Paypyal to website

svspuneet
Contributor
Contributor

I have Integrated Payflow API for Recurring Payments.

When an Auto renewal recurring payment takes place on paypal, I need to update my database with transaction status and other parameters that we may need!

We are using Paypal Manager,  Any way to integrate some callback url?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Check out Silent Post.  Pretty sure that's what you're looking for.  

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

svspuneet1
Contributor
Contributor

I have configured silent post back url through paypal manager, but seems url couldn't getting hit when a recurring transaction takes place.

I have placed a email generation code under the url method. But the url never gor hit, any way to see if the url was hit or not ?

@angelleye wrote:

Check out Silent Post.  Pretty sure that's what you're looking for.  

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Hmmm...did you check your web server logs to see if that URL is ever getting hit?

Login to Me Too

svspuneet1
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I did, Couldn't find that url anywhere, however when I directly hit the url from browser, It does work!
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Upon further review it looks like the Silent Post only works with "Pro Hosted". I don't see any info about that sort of feature with PayFlow in general. Maybe somebody at PayPal can step in here and help.

I know if you're using PayPal Pro (DoDirectPayment) and Recurring Payments Profiles then you can use IPN and it does send notifications for all transactions related to a profile. How far into PayFlow are you? You may decide you need to switch.
Login to Me Too

svspuneet1
Contributor
Contributor
we are integrated through Paypal Manager and using Payflow Pro PAI for Recurring billing. Initially we used IPN but it was merely for Paypal not Paypal Manager as transaction data an drepsonses are different in two.
We were suggested silent post backs by Paypal support but we never got connected with any tech person to help us with integration.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yeah, unfortunately that's all I'm seeing for this sort of thing on PayFlow, but it seems to refer to "Pro Hosted" only. 😞
Login to Me Too

svspuneet1
Contributor
Contributor

I have integrated Payflow Pro API.

On Paypal hosted page, I have enabled Post back, am I misssing something?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

"PayFlow Pro" and "PayPal Hosted" are separate products.  PayPal Hosted does use the PayFlow gateway, but "Pro" has a separate API call that you use to process cards directly, while "Hosted" uses API calls to build an iFrame that gets embedded into your site.  Which one are you using?  Direct credit card processing, or embedded iFrame hosted by PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.