People can't buy my products on my storefront (itch.io) because of my paypal

rudymora
New Community Member

For the past week or so all of the people attempting to purchase my digital books I am hosting on itch.io have been denied their purchases and paypal has been listing them as purchases and immediate refunds. First I thought it was people doing chargebacks and commiting buyer fraud so I contacted paypal support and they believed it was an issue with itch.io, so i attempted to purchase one of my works logged out and recieved this error.
image.png

After this, I contacted the itch.io support and they gave me this response.

fix.JPG

I'd rather not switch to the payouts system since the direct payment is the reason I started using itch.io in the first place. I do not know how to go about remedying this situation as I'm sure I could not find a way to properly describe this situation over the phone to the customer service number. Looking at the help articles on the paypal site, I found an article that was related to what I've been going through:

paypal1.JPG

These errors are not in any way related to the troubles I've been having even though the error message is reading out the same way. I would basically be going in a big loop where paypal would push the issue onto someone else for the transactions not completing (despite me doing this with my own card that I know has money in it.)

Who can I talk to about fixing this issue that hasn't been a problem in the years I have been using both paypal and itch.io until just a few days ago?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.