PayPal Auto Return to Website not working

jonoaskew
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

So the auto return to website function appears to not be working on my site. As a little background, the site is run on WordPress and the plugin that is being used is WooCommerce. 

I've attached a photo of the settings for both my PayPal account and my WooComerce settings. I've tried multiple different combinations, but nothing seems to work. The only development of changing the Auto Return on has been that it does auto return back to site (previously used to wait and give you the option of "return to merchant" along with the receipt for purchase) but not the specified URL. 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Jonathan 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jonoaskew
Contributor
Contributor

Ended up just running a redirect from the URL to the desired destination. 

Login to Me Too

Shibumik
New Community Member

How/where did you do this. We just noticed this same problem and it seems common enough and no one seems to have a good answer for it. Would be interested in knowing how you beat it.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Shibumik
New Community Member

I figured mine out. I was getting an HTTP 414 error, which is the URL being too long. It was a security setting in iThemes that restricts the length of urls strings.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.