Our payment flow does not support the unique id feature

KR991
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I'm being told by Paypal support that my payment flow does not support the unique id feature and the only way we can get our transactions to be completed is to configure our dealers account is to allow duplicate invoices. Our concern is if we allow duplicate invoices then we run the risk of our customers being charged twice.  I was told by support that there is an enhancement request that, if implemented, would change this functionality; however, this is not a bug. Anybody have any experience with this and can recommend a solution?

TIA.

Keith

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @KR991 ,

Thank you for posting to the Payflow Community.

Based on the information that you provided there are two variables that may help you with your Payflow integration.

COMMENT1 & COMMENT2 can be used to submit specific information in your transactions.

COMMENT1 (Optional) Merchant-defined value for reporting and auditing purposes.
Limitations: 128 alphanumeric characters
COMMENT2 (Optional) Merchant-defined value for reporting and auditing purposes.
Limitations: 128 alphanumeric characters

If you have special characters that you are including in your COMMENT1 & COMMENT2, here is how to send special characters:

https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/payflow/integration-guide/simple-transaction/#link-usespec...

Here is a listing of Core Credit Card Parameters:
https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/payflow/integration-guide/submit-transactions/#core-credit...

Its better to use the COMMENT1 and COMMENT2 variables to store extra information that you need for your database. It is true that if you are putting this information in the invoice number, and you have duplicate suppression enabled, you will have error messages. If you disable duplicate suppression, you do run the risk of your server sending two api calls for the same payment, causing your customers to be charged more than once.

This is why I am recommending using the COMMENT1 and COMMENT2 variables.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.