Lost payments

rk5350
New Community Member

i have a client who has 20+ customers who have made a paypal payment via her new website which was not completely ready to be live. The paypal account was not connected to her own paypal acocunt but was using a random email address one of the developers entered that was not connected to any account. The developers are also saying that the account was in sandbox mode and they do not have the funds as the email address in question is not linked to a live paypal account...which all makes sense.  However all the customers say the money has left their account. My client needs her money ASAP and is panicking and is refusing to ask the customers to create a dispute/claim for the transactions..which is also understandable. Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Were you able to get this worked out? The first thing you need to do is verify whether or not the sandbox was indeed being used. If so, then the customers would not have seen any transaction hit their account.

If not, then you can see which API credentials were used to process the payments if you have logs available, or a config file where that stuff is configured.

If you're still trying to figure this out I can probably help more, but hopefully you've gotten it worked out by now.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.