I need help with something

sancandy1234
Contributor
Contributor

I do business and use paypal a lot for my transactions.

Only recently I am dealing with a thailand company which I love but they automatically withdraw from my account, the balance which I didnt really like.

I would like to pay the bill myself and not have anyone access to my money,

well recently they made a huge error and withdrew over $800 and it took it from my band and made me go under.

I had to call them in thailand and they refunded me.

This would have never happened if they billed me and let ME handle the payment.

How can i stop companies from just withdrawing??

any help would be good.. thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @sancandy1234 

I definitely understand wanting to keep a company like that from billing you automatically. In order to do that, you can follow the steps here in order to cancel a billing agreement (which is what allows companies to bill you automatically once you've agreed to it). 

1. Log into your PayPal account.
  2. Click on your profile icon on the top right and go to "Account Settings".
  3. On the left - hand side click on "Money, Banks and Cards". 
  4. At the bottom you should see a section called "Automatic Payments". Click on "Set Automatic Payments"
  5. From there, select the Billing Agreement with that company you wish to cancel.
  6. On the page with the subscription/billing agreement details, click "Cancel".

That should do it for you to no longer automatically get billed.

Hope this helps!

-Aaron

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @sancandy1234 

I definitely understand wanting to keep a company like that from billing you automatically. In order to do that, you can follow the steps here in order to cancel a billing agreement (which is what allows companies to bill you automatically once you've agreed to it). 

1. Log into your PayPal account.
  2. Click on your profile icon on the top right and go to "Account Settings".
  3. On the left - hand side click on "Money, Banks and Cards". 
  4. At the bottom you should see a section called "Automatic Payments". Click on "Set Automatic Payments"
  5. From there, select the Billing Agreement with that company you wish to cancel.
  6. On the page with the subscription/billing agreement details, click "Cancel".

That should do it for you to no longer automatically get billed.

Hope this helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.