Help 10 euro?

antolepore
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I have read this news

https://www.smartworld.it/internet/paypal-vi-do-pay-the-conto-if-not-usate.html?fbclid=IwAR35taH15WE...

but why 10 euros?
I use the account only to receive from sales.

If I don't sell anything I can't use it.

So why do we have to pay 10 euros?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Schae

Hi @antolepore,

We appreciate you taking the time to post in the PayPal Community!

It looks like the link you have provided does not lead to a page as it says "Page not found". Please write back with your inquiry and details regarding the 10 euros concern. We will be happy to help. 

Thank you!

- Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

antolepore
Contributor
Contributor

I have read that paypal will impose a fee of 10 euros on everyone, even those who have paypal with little traffic, Why?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Schae

Hello @antolepore,

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

It sounds like you may be referring to our Fee update from November of last year. As of November of 2021, PayPal announced it would be updating fees related to specific accounts. If you are referring to the $10 EUR that is charged when an account is not being used, that would be PayPal's fee for an inactive account. The Inactivity Service Fee will only apply to PayPal Accounts that have no activity in the past 12 months. Typically, all a customer needs to do is login to the account or use it to process a payment to avoid the fee. This decision was made for multiple reasons, one being that it helps mitigate risks of accounts sitting dormant without the owner managing it.

I'm sorry if this update came as a shock to you!

Thank you,

- Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

antolepore
Contributor
Contributor

there is no point in taxing the poor who do not have money and traffic on paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.