GDPR Compliance

lmsrt
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to find info about PayPal's GDPR policies and apparently nobody on the Sales or Support side knows anything about it and I'm being directed to email the global privacy group.

Has anyone dealt with this yet or is everyone, for whom this applies, on pins and needles waiting for their policies to be released? 

I am specifically interested in policies affecting Payflow Pro.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

roverp4dgwm
New Community Member

I need to know PayPal's general position on GDPR and also any specifics associated with the PayPal plug in for RSForms please.

Login to Me Too

Miria
Contributor
Contributor

I I’m awaiting Paypal’s response to the GDPR compliance question, if I don’t get a satisfactory answer then I might have to consider another payment gateway..being non compliant is not satisfactory and the penalties are to high...

so if anyone hears something please advise..thanks

Login to Me Too

Miria
Contributor
Contributor

Yes they will be compliant as I have an email from Paypal confirming this

Login to Me Too

PONTUSROSEN
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mira,

Which email address did you use to contact Paypal as i will need an assurance from them too. Thanks

Login to Me Too

skippayer
Contributor
Contributor

Could you post the gist of the e-mail? I'm no expert but it doesn't sound as though an e-mail assurance really counts as a written contract in the context of GDPR compliance when they are handling people's payment details. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.