Do PayPal Credit authorization transactions expire?

oneidaair
Contributor
Contributor

We have a Magento 2.3 CE store utilizing Payflow Pro as our merchant gateway and we are looking to enable PayPal Credit as a new option for our customers (in addition to already offering credit card and paypal express checkout payments). Additionally, we receive all orders as Authorizations with Delayed Capture so we have time to review the order accuracy before collecting funds. We do not invoice the order until we are ready to ship the product. However, on rare occasion these authorizations do expire as our products are made to order and may take longer than 29 days to process.

We've successfully tested PayPal credit transactions via our Sandbox account but need to address the potential of expired authorizations. Do the authorizations of PayPal Credit expire in the traditional manner or no (since the PayPal credit terms say the merchant is due to collect all of the funds at no risk)? Can we capture the PayPal Credit transaction at any point or is their a limit?

With typical expired authorizations we do a manual offline capture with the customer directly, but in regards to PayPal Credit it is PayPal & Synchrony Bank that have the funds. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

AshleyNic86
Contributor
Contributor
I never get paid a cent for anything I do anyways it’s all a scam I think
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.