GDPR - Where can I get a Data Processing Agreement (DPA) from PayPal?

mikewz
Contributor
Contributor

We are a Payflow/Website Payments Pro Business customer in the UK getting ready for GDPR compliance and as part of our legal obligations for GDPR we need to ensure PayPal provides us with a signed contractual agreement in its role as a "Data Processor" on our behalf (please see https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/accountabi... for further information).

We have been in touch with aam-support[at]paypal.co.uk to request this agreement and they have not been able to advise where we can get it.

Please can you clarify where we can get a signed DPA from PayPal ahead of the impending GDPR implementation deadline of 24th May?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

mikewz
Contributor
Contributor

Tagging @MTS_Ciaran , @MTS_Jennifer and @PayPal_david in case you may be able to assist with this enquiry? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Hey. Thanks for raising this. I'm looking into this at the moment and will update you ASAP. 

Login to Me Too

Safelincs
New Community Member

Thanks for bringing this up @mikewz. We've been waiting for something on this front too, and with the deadline now less than a week away it would be great to hear back from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

skippayer
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for raising this. Having not heard from PayPal I came here assuming I would find a standard agreement to opt into, as with other 'majors', and am troubled there doesn't seem to be anything. Problematic! 

Login to Me Too

mikewz
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Ciaran Thanks for looking into this for us. With the GDPR deadline just a few days away now is there any update from PayPal on the availability of this agreement?

Login to Me Too

SoCasDPO
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone found a solution to this yet?

I am a little troubled that it seems to be so hard to get a hold of!

Login to Me Too

KaliK
Contributor
Contributor

If PayPal does not provide a DPA by May 25, isn't that a basis for a class action lawsuit?

Login to Me Too

apriljh
Contributor
Contributor

This is a disgrace. Is PP clueless?

Login to Me Too

SoCasDPO
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.