Paypal closes a complaint that has not been resolved

mmohan24
Contributor
Contributor

On December 1, 2017 I bought $105.00 gift voucher for iTunes.

On Dec. 6, 2017 I filed a complaint againt a seller on PayPal because I had yet received the item.   On the sellers website they claim they email the voucher codes within 24 hours. When I found the same seller on Facebook it seems from the messages posted that they have done this scam to many people.

On Dec. 15, 2017 I called PayPal to complain that nothing had been resolved with the seller and to my frustration, Paypal told me my complaint has been "closed" because I did not "follow-up" with the complaint.

I have no idea what this means.

I've done everthing possible.  I've sent numerous emails to the seller and have received no reply from them except for one to say they are a small company in Tennesee doing their best to get back to me.

PayPal is not helpful and is not being answerable.

To make matters worse, Paypal says I cannot open another complaint now with the same seller because they say it has been "resolved". The PayPal employee on the phone said my only option now is to try and call my credit card company to request them to dispute the charges which means, I will have to spend numerous hours on the phone and going back and forth with much doubt, when Paypal can see there is an actual problem.

Is there absolutely no way for my money to be returned?

If so, it seems PayPal is allowing scam artists to continue stealing from innocent people via their website.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Panda_Gel
Contributor
Contributor
It’s not much, but I gor deducted twice for confirmation of my card. No pin showed up on my statement. Told me to wait 3 working days theb they will manually confirm and refund me if no pin shows up in my account. More than 3 days nothing happened then found my messages empty. It sucks
Login to Me Too

mmohan24
Contributor
Contributor
Very sorry... Seems that doing transactions on PayPal will get you less than satisfactory results and with no solutions. I think it's mostly the inexperienced employees they are hiring. I will find other ways of paying vendors from now
Login to Me Too

upsetinboston
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered from NEWCHIC and never received any items and I logged a complaint.  NEWCHIC told Paypal they refunded my money, but they did not, which PAYPAL could have seen.  I am out $44 and PAYPAL DID NOTHING But close they case.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.