possible hacking...

limopete
Contributor
Contributor

interesting, I just had someone try and use my debit card for a fraud, thankfully the bank caught it, yesterday I changed my account information in PayPal and now today, I received a call from someone claiming to be from some sort of medical place asking me to verify information and my birth date, I told them to tell me what it was and they got it wrong, they also told me the mailing address which is over a year old and not valid anymore, of course the caller had a very heavy accent, needless to say, I hung up on them, their "phone number" came up as +332986, so, with the advent of changing my information yesterday and getting calls today, I would venture a guess that someone has partial access or had access to paypal account information, just something that might want to be looked in on

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lovedove82
New Community Member

I had the same issue with +332986 and now today +332984 called twice today!  I dont ever answer numbers I dont know but they are becoming annoying!

Login to Me Too

limopete
Contributor
Contributor

I have come to find out that these calls are coming from an internet phone connection, unless we can locate the computer receiving the call and transferring it to a phone call, if we find that computer then we can trace down the IP address back to who is trying to do the scam, makes it nearly to back trace and bust these people, I got a call from someone claiming to be from the IRS, yadda yadda yadda... only for me to keep calling them back and messaging them for that day, the next day the same number went to a Magic Jack connection, those numbers are getting hacked with ease and getting used for scam calls, people really need to start securing their outside connections! at least it has been quiet for today, we shall see what happens tomorrow and beyond...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.