getting many PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warnings! please help!

coa
Contributor
Contributor

RE: getting many PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warnings! please help!
Hello!

can anyone please help explain to a very low-tech person like me?:
i have been getting many "PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning"s!, like two a day, emailed from service at paypal  for the past week or two. please help-- i don't understand how to fix it!
i have googled and read through a few help articles about this, but they are way over my head, talking about things i haven't heard of.

Here is what the emails say:
Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:
[Removed]
If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

I don't even know what they mean by "service provider" (perhaps that is godaddy, since i pay them to host my website?)
I also followed the instructs from one online article i found and verified that i do already have IPNs enabled.

Also, when i read through paypal websites's mentionings, all that is given to offer any explanation are links to dead ends!

(Also, when i try to post this question to the paypal community, after all the time and effort of writing it, it won't post and i only get this error message! :
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
no explanation, no options given!)

thanks for any help!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.