Support email in notification email of customer #supportemail

EmreErden
Contributor
Contributor

When a customer buy a product from one of our merchant, paypal sends an email to customer like "You have sent a payment of €XX.XX EUR to Company GmbH (supportemail)".

We as company would like make the "supportemail" dynamic, based on the merchant. Is it possible?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mounir991
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is possible to have a dynamic "supportemail" in the PayPal payment confirmation email sent to customers. You can use PayPal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN) to receive notifications about transactions on your account. The IPN can include information about the transaction, including the merchant's email address, which you can then use to dynamically update the "supportemail" in the payment confirmation email.

Here's a high-level overview of the process:

1. You will need to set up a listener script on your server that listens for IPN notifications from PayPal.

2. When a customer makes a purchase, PayPal will send an IPN to your listener script, which will include information about the transaction, including the merchant's email address.

3. Your listener script can then extract the merchant's email address and use it to dynamically update the "supportemail" in the payment confirmation email sent to the customer.

To set up IPN, you will need to have a basic understanding of web development and server-side programming. You can find more information and step-by-step instructions in the PayPal Developer documentation.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

mounir991
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is possible to have a dynamic "supportemail" in the PayPal payment confirmation email sent to customers. You can use PayPal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN) to receive notifications about transactions on your account. The IPN can include information about the transaction, including the merchant's email address, which you can then use to dynamically update the "supportemail" in the payment confirmation email.

Here's a high-level overview of the process:

1. You will need to set up a listener script on your server that listens for IPN notifications from PayPal.

2. When a customer makes a purchase, PayPal will send an IPN to your listener script, which will include information about the transaction, including the merchant's email address.

3. Your listener script can then extract the merchant's email address and use it to dynamically update the "supportemail" in the payment confirmation email sent to the customer.

To set up IPN, you will need to have a basic understanding of web development and server-side programming. You can find more information and step-by-step instructions in the PayPal Developer documentation.

Login to Me Too

EmreErden
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for clear explanation and showing the way of solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.