Supplier missing in Activity reports, statements & API Calls with Paypal Business Debit Card

UKbusinessCust
Contributor
Contributor

Transactions made using the new Paypal Business Debit card are missing the name of the supplier in the Downloadable Activity reports, statements and API lookups. They do appear in the Activity summary on the Paypal Website in the Name Column, however on all downloaded CSV and API records the Name is shown as either Paypal or Paypal Inc.

This obviously a bug and makes it very difficult to identify the transactions when imported into business accounting package.

Is there a fix or workaround please?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

ZippyTs
Contributor
Contributor

It is a known problem right now.  I have been affected since august 6th.  Having to do bookkeeping manually is really sucking right now.

Login to Me Too

EchFarmhouse
Contributor
Contributor

I am livid that I am still having this problem! I am unable to reconcile unless I manually enter all supplier transactions! The fact that Paypal can't get this resolved is unacceptable, it has been way too long.

Login to Me Too

ZippyTs
Contributor
Contributor
Yep still sitting in that boat too
Login to Me Too

ZippyTs
Contributor
Contributor

Still no solution on this, and it's looking like they are not fixing it any time soon.  Four months and not a peep on this.

Login to Me Too

ZippyTs
Contributor
Contributor

I have finally got an answer from Paypal, and it does not look good.  This did not "break" the developers turned it off!

"Developers are still reviewing this issue. It appears this was an intended change but we are still in discussion to determine if they will make any further changes. There is discussion on this issue almost daily so I'll be sure to notify you once they make a final decision. Thank you for your patience and I hope you have a great day!"

Login to Me Too

EchFarmhouse
Contributor
Contributor

Intended? What a foolish decision that was. I wonder why we never received any notification about this? You know, like the devastating one they sent about no longer refunding paypal fees  😞 

Login to Me Too

ZippyTs
Contributor
Contributor

This is making the new ebay managed payments look more enticing for sure.  If I am going to have to do my books manually anyways why not save some money with lower fees. 

Login to Me Too

EchFarmhouse
Contributor
Contributor

All they keep telling me is that they are working diligently to correct the problem 🙄 😫

Login to Me Too

MjHefflefinger
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using selling on eBay for the past five years.  I have been using PayPal Debit card and was able to us Godaddy Bookkeeping to have everything from eBay and PayPal dumped in there.  All I had to do is categorize and add a few transactions from outside those two to create my Schedule C.  This is extremely unacceptable, and either a "FIX" needs to take place "NOW" or a restoration to the statuesque need to happen so us sellers can get our taxes ready.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.