Software Subscription Monthly - Pass Customer ID from my website - Receive confirmation with same Customer ID from my website
Hi : )
I am working on a software service and am offering a monthly subscription for my software service.
I am currently working on the subscription part - and am wanting to implement a paypal monthly recurring payment solution.
I have spent quite a bit of time looking over PayPal documentation, and trying different buttons, webhooks, IPN methods etc.
The problem is that I am not sure what solution to use - and am maybe confused by the multiple options.
What is most important to me is - that when the customers fill out the form on my website - and are then directed PayPal to pay - I then want to know that specific Customer ID from my website has successfully paid.
Can you please tell me:
- Which SPECIFIC option(s) PayPal has that I can pass Customer ID from my website of that customer - let's say a subscription ID from my site - and that PayPal will then send the customer back with my subscription ID, that I passed them on to PayPal with.
Which is the easiest option to do that with?
I simply want the customer to:
- sign up at my site. (my part)
- be issued a unique Customer ID from my website (my part)
- click a PayPal payment/subscribe button (my part)
- be sent to PayPal to pay for the subscription (paypal's part)
- be returned to my site with the unique Customer ID from my website from my site - as well as a confirmation of payment from PayPal (paypal's part)
Please do not simply pass me to the general area of the development sections -
As I said - I have already been through all of that and find there is too much information.
Please direct me to a specific solution, or example, or tutorial that covers a solution that will fit what I need.
Thank you very much for your assistance.
Wow... This community is completely pointless! With the billions of dollars PayPal makes... you think it could spend a bit helping developers provide solutions to make them their billions. Wow! .....
Hey, it depends on which integration type you want to use. Let's assume you will use the subscription buttons
First enable IPN, a notification system that will inform your integration of specific events.
Then you can pass the variable "custom" together with the button variables. In this variable you can pass any value like for example the ID of your customer. The buyer will checkout on the PayPal page and will be returned to your website. Then as you enabled IPN, it will be triggered immediately after the transaction is completed and it will contain the value of the "custom" variable. In this way you can pass this value along your integration.