So unhappy with PP

Ryan737
Contributor
Contributor
Regardless of covid 19 ! People are still working from home , every bank in the world is still offering customer service regardless of covid 19 and PayPal is basically a bank handling peoples hard earn’t money which was entrusted to them legally. And they repay their customers by offering 0 support in these times . That is unforgivable I know most of the payapl community are fed up with PP, and it’s time we find somewhere else to go , I urge anyone to immediately use competitions when they arise . My account which has not broken rules or regulations in any regard and is 100% legitimate has been permanently restricted with no explanation . My hard earned money is there and I need it to pay bills , and PayPal won’t even offer any support they just send you round in circles talking to computer after computer . Disgusting service . wish nothing good for PayPal.
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ryan737 

If its a permanent ban then nothing you can do about even if you could speak to an agent.

As for banks / paypal.

Banks are huge and many staff and call centres so are able to keep a phone services going 'safely' with reduced staff.

Paypal has x1 call centre in Dublin to cope with the whole of Europe and so it would be impossible to offer any real phone option.

So yes they are working from home but for some odd reason don't want to give everyone in Europe their home phone numbers.

They are relying on messages, but because folks are so impatient if they don't get an immediate answer they message again and again.

So multiply each message by about 6 then that could mean up to 6 agents dealing with 1 persons query.

No wonder there are large delays in getting an answer back.

But I am sure they appreciate your patience and understand the reason for their working safely.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ryan737
Contributor
Contributor
That is the most sarcastic pathetic response ever . They are a multi billion dollar company and a bank , if they are too frugal to open more than one call centre for all of Europe that is their problem not mine and in regards to being patient I’ve been patient enough and I guarantee you I can do something about being permanently restricted when it’s my money in there and I haven’t broken the terms of service I will be taking this to financial Ombudsmen and if I have to a Court . If all your going to do (obviously being a PayPal representative ) is offer entitled and rude remarks don’t reply lol
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ryan737 

Nope they are NOT a bank, they are a payment processor.

As for only 1 call centre then it is your problem isn't it if you can't get through to them....  🤔

However apart from covid which was unforeseen, x1 call centre has been fine since they opened.

I do realise they should have opened x6 just for your benefit 'in case' a pandemic should happen but strangely they didn't think of that.

Good luck with the ombudsman as you legally agreed to the user agreement when you opened your paypal account, and in that agreement clearly states ''actions we may take'' including no longer offering you their services.

Oh and I am not a Paypal representative, I am a user of this forum the same as you are and as such equally entitled to my opinion.   😁 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ryan737
Contributor
Contributor
You have anything better to do mate ?
Login to Me Too

Ryan737
Contributor
Contributor
Oh and by the way genious , the message I got from PayPal about my restriction was from a Luxembourg branch so clearly they have more than one Europe office . And still offer awful service
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ryan737 

Luxembourg is where there Headquarters are and banking facilities.  🤣

They don't have a call centre there....good try though. 

And no during lockdown i don't have a lot of things better to do, however having saved at least 10 people from being scammed on here today, then i am glad i have wasted my time on here.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ryan737
Contributor
Contributor
No ones trying to fool you buddy 😂 I did get it from Luxembourg and I can provide photo evidence of it . Have fun living on this forum.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ryan737 

Not saying it didn't come from Luxembourg as that is where their headquarters and banks are.

I was saying that there was only one CALL CENTRE and thats in Dublin.

Try reading mate it really helps  🤣

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.