Scammed...

Pluffeh
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there. I am a 12 year old who got scammed for an ingame item in Csgo. He told me i could get skins and even more if i payed first. So as the good believing person i am i accepted this deal. This was all my summer money so i was so happy that i finally could get a csgo skin. He seemed like a cool guy. Many friends on steam. High level. Only possible feedback. When i payed him he aasked for my tradelink and while i was getting it for him and pasted it to him he had allready blocked me. I still have many of the messages we speaked that can show a type of scam, but he deleted the most obvious ones. But a normal human-being can read between the lines and see this is a scam. Is there anything you guys can help with me? How to get the money back? How to get the in game items? 

Im open for any answers

-Sebastian

-Angry 12 year old ^^

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pluffeh

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18. PayPal asks for a birth date when you register.

While you can manage make a PayPal account with false information, discovery can result in the closing of the account and loss of the funds in it. Because minors can’t enter legal contracts and you were not allowed to have the account in the first place, you won’t have any recourse to get your money back if things go this way.

If you were mature enough to actually read Paypals terms and conditions and their buyer protection policy then you would see that you have no Paypal buyer protection for 'virtual' content for 'received but not as described' OR if you paid via the friends / family route.

Now you have 'informed' Paypal that you are only 12 I expect your account may well be limited in the near future. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pluffeh
Contributor
Contributor

This is my dad's account which is allowed that i can borrow with his permission

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pluffeh

Nope you can't, the ONLY person that can use a paypal account is the account holder and certainly not a 12 year old with or without the parents consent.

You are breaking paypal rules and have been reported.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.