Sandbox & Live IPN notify_url

subicom
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a problem with Paypal IPN. My setting for IPN listener is dynamic. The notify_url i set is working when i'm using my sandbox account but once i go live, it seems like the paypal is bypassing the notify_url i set. Is there a settings on my live account that i should turn on/off? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

In my experience it's good to setup a very simple default listener that you can use within the PayPal account profile.  This way you can actually enable IPN on the account and set that basic URL, which could really do nothing at all if you want.

Then set dynamic URLs using NotifyURL in buttons or API requests.  Sometimes if the IPN setting in the account isn't specificlly set to ON then I've noticed it won't send with notify either.  Maybe give that a try.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Ciaran

Hey, 

What product are you using, Pro, EC etc? Can you post any tokens and we can take a look on our side?

Login to Me Too
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

In my experience it's good to setup a very simple default listener that you can use within the PayPal account profile.  This way you can actually enable IPN on the account and set that basic URL, which could really do nothing at all if you want.

Then set dynamic URLs using NotifyURL in buttons or API requests.  Sometimes if the IPN setting in the account isn't specificlly set to ON then I've noticed it won't send with notify either.  Maybe give that a try.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

yaronbal
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar issue, seems like my paypal form skips notify_url completely,

here is the code:

< form id="buy-premium" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
 <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="<?= $sm['config']['paypal']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" id="payment-name3" value="<?= $sm['config']['name']; ?> Premium">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="<?= $sm['config']['currency']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" id="payment-amount3" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="custom" id="payment-custom3" value="">
< input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="ipnpremium.php">
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="<?= $sm['config']['site_url']; ?>">

< button   data-premium-send="30" data-price="1"> pay</button>
</form>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.