Reporting issue: Some IPN were not done for Oct 15th @ around 0-2am UTC

whitelabel
Contributor
Contributor

Just thought you guys should know, we see dozens of successful transactions on the 15th where no attempt at a postback from PayPal IPN was made or re-tried. There were other successful posts for the same kind of transaction before and after so it seems like a consistency issue in the reporting rather than a total outage (I'll leave that to your tech people).

I see there is an incident (Resolved : Impact to Express Checkout (PP-LIVE-10054)) at around this time but the status notifications make mention only of Express Checkout, and I know you had a similar issue earlier this year and had to re-issue the IPN posts so might appreciate knowing this.

Reporting because:
- you might need to check and re-issue IPN posts, which would be helpful for you to know

- you might be kind enough to add mention of IPN to the incident or even just tell us yes this is likely related, which would be helpful to merchants

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

itsjinx
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed this also with many orders from October 14th and October 15th. I wonder if others have this issue? Also I cannot find out how to resend the IPNs for these orders that never had them sent in the first place? I can't use the IPN history since they dont appear there so how do I get the IPNs sent?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.