Recent email from PayPal titled "Your Money is Your Choice"

Harpman59
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently received an email with that title and the request is for me to follow the enclosed links and confirm my information in order to keep money in my account. This is more of a rant than it is a question because upon reading the email, I thought it was bogus and an attempt to spam or defraud me...then I looked at at the address and THAT looked legitimate. Specifically, the following was copied from the email:
"Confirm your info to keep money
in your PayPal balance.
If you'd like to keep a PayPal balance, please
take a minute to confirm your info here."

The address was from PayPal but this site won't allow me to copy and paste the actual email address.

Understand, I am following the advice from PayPal, as well as many other secure sites, to NOT respond to this type of email. Even though the address looks valid as PP, I will not confirm my info as there is no benefit from my confirming the information since, I have my account set up the way I like it. I feel that their sending such an email will only lead to confusion by your patrons and PP should not create the types of correspondence that ask you about your information. 

I therefore recommend to you that you cease and desist from this kind of emails in the future. You are wasting MY time, as well as yours by doing so.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Harpman59
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_Olivia I can appreciate that but the issue was more directed to the 2nd upload of the originally denied pic where I blocked out my email address but was still denied with an accompanying "watch it, one more time and you're out" note attached. This makes the second topic of this post that has been unanswered....
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Harpman59,

I'm sorry for any confusion. In the image that was rejected, there was still an email address. Even if it isn't your email address, no email addresses are permitted in the Community Forum. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Harpman59
Contributor
Contributor

duplicate post

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Harpman59,

I'm sorry again for any confusion. If even the sending email address was visible, the image would have been denied. Please review the image that you submitted.

Regarding your original question, please follow the instructions here for the handling of any email that you believe may be a phishing email. If the email seems legitimate and you are reluctant to follow any links (as is a wise precaution), you can always open a fresh browser window and visit paypal.com and complete any steps the email indicated should be completed there.

I hope this helps.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Harpman59
Contributor
Contributor

It does  @PayPal_Olivia, thank you and duly noted.  I'll consider the matter answered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.