Paypal reflecting my personal name instead of my business name ......

HugoHarvest
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I am raising this issue which other business account holders may have faced the same problem, based on a number of incidents in my transaction on a b2b basis as a buyer. Noted that PP kind of reflecting the personal name instead of the business name even though my PP account is a business account. I and my other stake holders wanted to build our brand with our business name but unfortunately, PP is not helpful by reflecting my personal name  in the transaction statement and notification emails to the seller. Thus, it created confusion as it's a b2b transaction and I liaised with my supplier in my capacity as representative of my business name. It should be simple logic to PP system that a business name account must reflect as such in all transactions both ways and not otherwise.  Sadly, it happened again just yesterday on two transactions.

I have submitted my email seeking PP to again help to fix this issue and put things right. 

Now those suppliers who have received PP's statements or notifications with my personal name, initially confused if the payment did in fact came from my business name (company) and which I have had to clarify with them.  My other stake holders are asking questions about my transaction if I did it in my personal capacity and if the purchases made were for personal use.  Luckily all my affected suppliers came forward officially to clarify it was a b2b transaction but complicated by PP's billing and notification oversight, which I have repeated again for them to help fix/resolve it quickly.

I hope PP would review the situation of this repeated incidents and have their technical staff to investigate and configured its system to put things right.

I welcome comment from fellow business account holders and those of you have had the same experience.

Taking this opportunity,  wishing everyone in this forum,  good health and success!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

HugoHarvest
Contributor
Contributor

After going through our B2B purchases over the past months, I realized what PP has done .....

1.  Even though we have a business account,  PP's system treated all purchases the same and thus reflected my personal name instead of business name.

Note: it seems that PP is lacking the B2B transactions feature to identify or recognized it's a B2B purchase and process accordingly by reflecting both the vendor and the buyer business names in all its documentation to both parties.  This should be the way and not at the discretion of PP to address how they like it.  Rules and guidelines are for all parties to respect and carry out in good faith and should not jeopardized the business accounts of both vendors and sellers. In short, when a business account made any purchase with another vendor, PP must reflect in all its transaction documentation and emails, the business name of the buyer.

2.   PP is supposed to provide a complete business solution to all vendors with business accounts and most factor in B2B transactions both ways and refrain from reflecting personal names in all its transaction documentations, email advice and notifications, etc. .... only business names of both parties.

3.  I hope PP will take notice of this discrepancy and help to put things right as soon as possible.

4.  As mentioned before, we are trying to build our brand and PP must help to pave the way for us to enable us to do that and not blocking our effort as well as confusing our vendors by reflecting personal names to these vendors.

We are hoping this will be resolved and fixed soon by PP.

Good Health, Be Safe and Success to ALL !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.