PayPal, how i can know about user doing after click pay?

vichen8
Contributor
Contributor

I developing site and has problem. I try add PayPal to my site, but i encountered a problem. I use ipn and pdt but that does not solve my problem. Whats problem? Whan user click "PayPal button" in my site, his redirect to PayPal payment page. And then he can pay or can return to my site. If he click "Pay" he redirect after 10 seconds. But if click "Back" before 10 seconds or close tab my site not get notifications quick. Site get IPN notification, but this slowly. IPN can send me notification after long time, me need get to user info about he payment status(panding) quick. For show user about he payment processing. After this, i get ipn and change status to the complete. But what doing in this situation? How to get information immediately after payment?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
IPN is generally pretty quick. I often use it for similar notifications and I've never had an issue with it.

However, if you want to avoid the issue with people having to wait 10 seconds or click to return to your site then you could switch from PayPal Standard to Express Checkout. This will require a more experienced developer to make API calls, but the user will always be guaranteed to return to your site before the payment is completed.

IPN can still be useful in this case, because it would help you handle things like a cleared e-check, disputes, or other transactions that are not checkout related.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.