PDT Enabled in Merchant Account, but 'cm' parameter not returned from PayPal

locriansax
Contributor
Contributor

This website is being developed on behalf of a customer and I am the engineer responsible for getting it to work.  The Merchant Account has the PDT settings enabled, the token is working, and the return url is set.  However, the 'cm' parameter is not being returned upon successful purchase and is causing issues for our site.  Is this a recent issue? We have other clients with older, established Merchant Accounts and they are not experiencing this issue and the 'cm' parameter is returned without a problem.

Here is the redirect from PayPal that is not working - some of the values have been edited here for privacy

.../paypal/pdt?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nonworkingclient.org%2Fview%2Fjournals%2Ftpmd%2Fs1-1%2F6%2Farticle-p331.xml%3FPFTxId%3D40%26offerProvider%3DDEFAULT&PayerID=RPUJELM94HEYU&st=Completed&tx=4E718331YG924070A&cc=USD&amt=0.01

This is a redirect from a different Merchant Account that is working - some of the values have been edited here for privacy

.../paypal/pdt?redirect=https://journals.myclient.com/view/journals/cssm/4/1/article-p14.xml?PFTxId=4435&offerProvider=DEFAULT&amt=9.95&cc=USD&cm=mJ5v4sm1PUcD0E9vbii0pm6e1ql5GRs/lv+aQuNuves=%7CaccountId=XXXXX%7COffer ID=7|mc_gross=9.95&item_name=ITEM NAME Dilemma&item_number=/journals/cssm/4/1/article-p14.xml&st=Completed&tx=43P6285X7Y1273500

This is a rather time-sensitive issue, so any answers would be much appreciated.

thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

hsr8
Contributor
Contributor

facing same issue. from few days 'cm' parameter not returned in first call randomly, some time works some time not.

but getting custom variable when call https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr with transaction id.

Still issue is there.

Login to Me Too

locriansax
Contributor
Contributor

I have follow-up information after extensive debugging with our applications.  The 'cm' parameter is not returned when the User has a bank account (credit card or regular Bank Account) that is based in the US.

We tested the following scenarios -

1.  User logged into our site from UK and using UK based bank account.

• User was able to purchase and 'cm' was correctly returned from PDT redirect back to our site

2. User logged into our site from UK and using US based bank account.

• The same user from Example 1 had the transaction successfully complete but 'cm' was *not* returned from the PDT redirect back to our site

3. User logged into our site from US and using US based bank account.

• I personally tested this example and it failed in the same way as Example 2.  The transaction successfully completes in PayPal, but no 'cm' is returned from the PDT redirect

I really hope someone from PayPal is monitoring this forum because this is *incredibly* frustrating and while IPN is working without issue, we really depend in the PDT functionality to get the user access to their subscribed content instantly without hassle.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.