My PayPal cash card not accepted by PayPal

Zzzzzzzzzz1114
Contributor
Contributor
So PayPal sent me a paypal card and I try to link it to my wallet on iOS devices but it gets declined all the time I loaded cash to the card and still it declined I activated the card loaded money and still declined how is this possible if PayPal give it to me why don’t they accept it themselves
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zzzzzzzzzz1114 

You can't link the PayPal Cash card through the wallet page. The card is not like non-PayPal, third party debit cards that you add to the Wallet page. Maybe doing that triggered security system on your account and it's blocking your transactions.

This is the way PayPal Cash card can be activated:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-activate-my-paypal-cash-card-faq3199

Maybe leave your account alone for a few to several days before carefully trying to use it and the card. The more you keep trying and trying and failing and failing, the longer it takes for security to reset/cool down.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zzzzzzzzzz1114 

You can't link the PayPal Cash card through the wallet page. The card is not like non-PayPal, third party debit cards that you add to the Wallet page. Maybe doing that triggered security system on your account and it's blocking your transactions.

This is the way PayPal Cash card can be activated:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-activate-my-paypal-cash-card-faq3199

Maybe leave your account alone for a few to several days before carefully trying to use it and the card. The more you keep trying and trying and failing and failing, the longer it takes for security to reset/cool down.

Login to Me Too

Zzzzzzzzzz1114
Contributor
Contributor
That is true it has worked after a few days of not trying the card does work but.... it stopped after 2-3 purchases. Also I have two PayPal cards I use each for different purposes. One has a chip and the other doesn’t. How is it I that the card without chip never gets declined and is linked to my wallet, but the one with the chip is the card that has all the problems- via declining and not linked🤔 on top of all that I have been able to link my paypal card (with chip) to iOS wallet but I removed it in an attempt to re-link the card hoping it would be a solution....🤦🏾‍♂️🤔none of this makes sense. I do not like problems unsolved It’s driving me mad but I do appreciate your helpful input
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zzzzzzzzzz1114 

What PayPal cards do you have? 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/credit-line-and-card-services

PayPal Cash Card and PayPal Prepaid? Or is the card without the chip an older model of the PayPal Cash card that only has the swipe stripe on the back?

Login to Me Too

Zzzzzzzzzz1114
Contributor
Contributor
Old model card is the one without the chip, swipe bar on back....(I rarely have any problems with this card) The new card with chip⚠️Has worked in past but now is very troublesome and is PayPal cash plus account 😔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.