Linked bank account hacked-now my paypal is "limited"...

shannonboo197
New Community Member

I am here because I cannot get a real live person with Paypal and the message site just keeps sending my "articles" that should help...but they don't

My personal bank account and email that were linked to my paypal were hacked and compromised- now my paypal account is "liminted access". I cannot find a place to resolve or talk to anyone about resolving this issue. 

I am trying to link my credit card (that has not been compromised) to this account so that I may still make a payment to a vendor I have in an 8 week process.

What in the heck do I do????!!! This is BEYOND FRUSTRATING!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shannonboo197 

Tell vendor to send you a PayPal invoice and you can pay as PayPal guest with you card and a different email address to receive a PayPal receipt for the payment if push comes to shove and you can't get the account restored in time because getting in touch with customer service these days is going to be difficult due to this virus situation and response will take longer so brace yourself to keep trying to reach out to someone. Your PayPal email address and bank account is compromised so PayPal limited your account to secure it for the time being. Is it asking you to upload documents to verify identity in the Resolution Center to restore account? Or its just account limited and that's it?

To contact customer service for assistance:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options such as live chat.

If calling, call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.