LIN <removed>

Whatishappening
Contributor
Contributor

Again PayPal won't follow through.  I sent a report against KHG technology and they started a case but dropped it without any further notification to me.  Now I am trying to return a mirror that was not what I ordered.  Again Paypal won't let me go any further than making a report.  the screen just has a revolving dot can't go any further.  I believe this is a recurring problem with the companies and PayPal  I noticed this one when brought up listed more than a dozen companies as part of them.  I have done every thing paypal listed but to no good.

Login to Me Too
200 REPLIES 200

arbert
Contributor
Contributor

Ya theyve been a total pain in the butt. This really should be a class action case

Login to Me Too

MikeC1963
Contributor
Contributor

They are still taking this crooks side! I'm not giving up until I get my refund and/or PayPal is investigated for continuing to do business with a known scammer... That is not buyer protection but pure fraud!

Login to Me Too

Bluestatic
Contributor
Contributor

My dispute claim was just "escalated," by PayPal. So according to the rep on the phone, the seller has another 10 days to reply and either ship what I originally ordered or refund me.

Given that they've ignored my five emails over the last month I have little doubt they'll ignore this request too. If the seller hasn't gotten back to PayPal within 10 days, supposedly the case closes and I am provided a refund. I'll post an update later if anyone is interested in the outcome. 

Login to Me Too

Moonfish
Contributor
Contributor

The seller never responds to e-mails. He will tell PP that he has shipped you a package and he will provide a Tracking # BUT it will likely not be what you ordered. Then PP will expect you to send it back at your own expense.

Seems to me that PP should be getting pretty sick and tired of this seller. I know of at least 18 or so people who have been scammed by him.  Some are going through the PP dispute process. PP does need this aggravation more than use buyers. 

Make sure as you communicate with PP - that you mention you know of others who have been scammed by him.

See the FB Group - We Identify Scammers

Login to Me Too

MikeC1963
Contributor
Contributor

This is where I started and they are denying my claim because no won't spend way more money to send the crap back. PayPal is a disgrace at this point in the way they are treating us and taking a known scammers side. They as of today are still allowing him to steal money from more people using their services. Does that not make them guilty not fraud too! We have to stick together until everyone is refunded and the scammer is stopped.

Login to Me Too

Enocence
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that PP gets a lot of complains about this seller. I will get my money back! I am really happy.

Login to Me Too

Kennoch
Contributor
Contributor

Attention this seller LIN <removed> is demonstrable cheater!! there is still the same problem: he is sendind other goods with significant low quality than was ordered. For back sendig he ask totally nonsense condition (no intact packaging and sending only via DHL or UPS). His sended product was send to purchaser by common post and real value of it is less then a couple dollars.  Value of back sending many times exceeds valoue of his fake product and this cheater is betting to this and he hope that purchaser stop next  effort to have ordered product. Do not buy anything by LIN <removed>! 

Login to Me Too

JeffHeim
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a 3-4 person double layer hydraulic tent for $69.99 (saw the ad on Facebook from Molyes Stores). Their website now redirects to ilovecamping[dot]us. They also have another scam running on polaristore[dot]net.

I usually order from a website I know and trust, but I live in Brazil now and my options are limited for shipping. This company offered free international shipping, and because payment was settled by PayPal, I believed I could trust it.

The product that arrived was not anything like what was advertised on their website. A $5 single layer kiddie tent not large enough for a single adult, no hydraulic system as advertised. The product is useless and will end up in the trash.

At first I thought maybe this was an honest mistake, but when I saw that it was shipped from China (the website claims to be US-based), and saw how many folks online had the same problem, I knew I was scammed.

I escalated to PayPal, explaining that it was a scam, and included links to Ripoff Report [https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/specific_search/molyes] to show that there are dozens of other victims of this same scam. PayPal responded by asking that I return the tent back to China on my own dime in order to receive a refund. There are two problems with this solution...

1) The cost to return the item exceeds $69.99, so I would lose money by returning the item.
2) The return shipping address is likely fake, and the seller would claim he never got it back - so I would risk losing $69.99 + the international shipping cost.

I have decided I will go ahead and call PayPal customer service and ask to speak with a supervisor to get a refund, citing the problems above. If that doesn't work, I will try my credit card company. Will post here again with an update.

Login to Me Too

JeffHeim
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: I have called PayPal customer service, and they have closed the case in my favor. I will receive a refund of $50 and do not have to ship the product back. While I hoped to get a full refund, I accepted this deal and am happy to write off the $20 as a lesson learned - only buy from trusted merchants.

I also asked him what PayPal was doing to help fight "bait and switch" scams like these, and he mentioned that each time they close a case like this, they keep a record, so the more people who phone in to complain about a scam, the faster PayPal can close these scam accounts. From the overwhelming number of complaints I see on this forum, it would seem the process still isn't fast nor efficient enough, but if you still haven't called PayPal about your case, I highly recommend you do so!

p.s. I mentioned in my OP that I would ask to speak with a supervisor. This was not necessary. The representative was very helpful.

Login to Me Too

dstilling1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jeff,

good to hear that you manage to be successful. Unfortunately I called PayPal the 11th day after the deal was closed not in my favour, so the operator could not make any further step, he said. Time limit: 10 days. The fee for this lesson is high, but it's clear that PayPal, as offered payment method, is no longer trustworthy to me. They are simply not good enough (or they don't want to be...) to take effective actions against such situations.

I give up. I'll use PP only when only option, while I'm going to consider Masterpass or equivalent alternatives.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.