Instant Payment Notifications not being sent for recurring subscription payments?

Chednet
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal's service status isn't showing any disruption to IPN, but since 21st September 15:35 BST we're not being sent any notifications for our recurring subscription payments, for old or newly created subscriptions. Earlier today, all of them were suddenly processed in one big batch, but new ones are still failing after this. This is clearly some fault on PayPals end, as all subscription payment's IPNs appear to be missing from the 'Instant Payment Notification (IPN) history' panel - they're either unaware of it, or failing to update their status pages.

It would be reassuring to know if anyone else having this issue.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Syrinscape
Contributor
Contributor

@Chednet Yes. We are also having the same problem. As described in our post: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Reporting/IPNs-not-being-generated-at-all-for-live-paypal...

It has now been 6 days and we have not yet had any response to our open MTS case beyond "I have raised request to the product team to investigate this issue further."

We have *almost all* new subscriptions not generating or sending IPNs at all. They are not appearing in the IPN history page at all. But the payments are appearing in the "Activity" page and we have users complaining that payment was made, but service not delivered because we were never sent any IPN.

This issue, and the complete lack of timely or helpful support is deeply concerning.

Login to Me Too

Chednet
Contributor
Contributor

We've been aggressively chasing this every day, but their merchant support don't seem to have any direct communication channels to the engineer team, and the engineer team apparently refuses to use anything other than a ticket system, providing no information whatsoever to us. We've made no progress. This is coming from a company that's pays PayPal far in excess of $100,000 in payment fees annually, and substantially more in exchange rate fees.

A full week where we have been unable to accept any new customers for this service is an absolute embarrassment for both us and PayPal's own systems.

Due to the lack of response or updates from PayPal regarding this matter, we do not have confidence it will be fixed in time with our requirements or customer expectations.

As a result I am now going to begin the arduous process of cancelling and refunding all subscriptions paid for since September 21st when this issue began. I cannot understate our disappointment or frustration here, as well as the poor level of service we have received from PayPal providing a solution for this matter, this has affected our customer base negatively in ways we have never experienced from either PayPal or any other payment services.

It is regrettable that if this issue does not receive any solution we will have to consider removing PayPal as an option from our site entirely, for now we have temporarily suspended the option to subscribe using PayPal for the sake of our customers and will be unable to reopen this until you have resolved this issue, which we hope will be without further delay.

Login to Me Too

Syrinscape
Contributor
Contributor

It is now day 14 and we are still seeing many IPNs not sent and missing from IPN history page every single day. We have still NO significant response from MTS on our case beyond "I have raised request to the product team to investigate this issue further" and "our product team are working on this issue". Beyond appalling.

Login to Me Too

Syrinscape
Contributor
Contributor

7 weeks now and still nothing from MTS.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.