cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPN was not sent, and the handshake was not verified. Please review your information.

Re: IPN was not sent, and the handshake was not verified. Please review your information.

je vois qu'il ya plusieurs qui ont ce même problème mais pas beaucoup de solutions

New Community Member

Re: IPN was not sent, and the handshake was not verified. Please review your information.

I am having the same exact problem and am just as aggravated as the guy in the original post.  I have a listener first thing it does is log info so I can see if it's even getting to my site.  It's not.  The process seems simple to send a message from your IPN Simulator.  Even if I just enter my listener url, select trxn type, and leave test data I get that stupid error.  On top of that, your site is like trying to navigate a class VI river in a rubber tube.  I have over 20 years dev exp, this is the first encounter with PayPal integration of any kind.  You need to get some devs with no paypal experience to work through your site and tell you everything that's wrong with the layout, content organiztion and lack thereof.  Make sure you have a lot of disk space free.

Tags (1)

Yeah, same problem here. I wish PayPal wasn't that careless with its own products.

Any one from PayPal?? you just have to that tell us: "Look, this IPN simulator just don't work try this other thing.."

Anyway, if someone got any feedback from them please share.

Thanks!

New Community Member

February 27th and still not working. I can put HTTP and HTTPs endpoints and the call is simply not made. Can anyone from PayPal confirm if this tool will ever be fixed?

Same here - it doesn't even hit my endpoint. This is ridiculous.

Yup, doesn't even try to send a signal.

The fact that there's no feedback from PP about this is not surprising. Ever since they bought Braintree, they laid off their entire developer advocacy team and there are now ZERO people doing developer outreach. It's as if they want people to stop using their API.

Is there any alternative?

I guess creating a real button for an item worth $0.01?

That's the only one I can think of, yeah, and it's not a pleasant one. Another could maybe be faking the request and sending it from an app like Postman, if you had a request example back from then the simulator still worked.

Thanks swader.

I guess i'll go with the real button because what I'm really trying to test is the 4-stage IPN process, not just a fake request to my endpoint.

I think a community-made IPN simulator may be in order 🙂

So I went ahead and created a new button with a price of $0.01.

The most painful part was realising I needed to create a new account so that I could purchase my product (You can't do this with your own business account). Luckily, I had a second credit card...

You need two browsers open (or a private browsing tab) so you don't have to keep switching between accounts.

I'm using a paypal IPN library which made the process much easier (https://github.com/andzdroid/paypal-ipn since I have a NodeJS webservice). Lucky for me it worked first time around! For those who are writing their IPN listener from scratch, good luck Smiley Frustrated

This took me about 20 minutes to do the button, setup my new paypal account and test the call, compared to hours wasted yesterday attempting to use the broken Payapl IPN simulator...

Hope this helps someone!

- rolznz