IPN sends 'Pending' status and nothing after cleared (but does for Failed)

ultramoo
Contributor
Contributor

Something has broken in paypal IPN in the last couple of months. Any payments which go from Pending to Cleared does not trigger an IPN event.

If it goes from Pending to Failed, then its not a problem and i get the failed trigger.

Is this happening for anyone else?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ultramoo
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: 

I've contacted Paypal MTS directly and they have replied back stating its a known issue and is being worked on.

Will update here when its resolved.

Login to Me Too

noodles57
Contributor
Contributor

You are not alone. The issues started around 2/17/20

I had been receiving email support and on 3/9/20 Isaias from Global Technical Support replied with:

"We have had updates in the past month. Some of our certificates were decommissioned to meet with industry standards. Unfortunately this is not something we can take back as the old certificates were causing security issues."

My server is current and my server techs have not seen any issues on our end. IPN's are simply not sending back to the database. I now am manually upgrading the memberships on my site until this issue is resolved.

Paypal offers no help as far as even stating there was an update around that date. I have opened my 3rd ticket. 1st ticket was closed today and I hadn't had any correspondence in weeks. 2nd ticket never got into their system, although I have the email confirmation. I called again today stating both ticket #s and reopned a 3rd ticket/case.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.