IPN not working after upgrading to HTTPS

MKerogazov
New Community Member

I've been trying to get any help from PayPal support for over a month now... unsuccessfully, so I though I can try here.

After upgrading my site to HTTPS, PayPal stopped working. My site is ASP.NET with C#.

For PayPal payments, I'm using an "action" of a form and requesting IPN, which is getting processed then in my IPN Listener (Handler).

As I mentioned, everything worked before and besides changing HTTP to HTTPS, I haven't done any other changes. 

The following happens:

When a player (my website is a online game) confirms his purchase, it goes to the PayPal payment page (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr).

The data that I pass is there as I can see the service name and the price for this.

At the end of the payment, it shows a spinning wheel and then giving an error:

"We can't complete your payment, please use another method and contact your merchant" - maybe not word to word, but very close.

The payment is initiated, your credit card (if you're are using a credit card) is getting charged $0.00, but the payment is not completed.

I have tried doing some debugging, which is a bit hard since I can't do it on my local machine, so I added some code to make a record that my IPN listener is hit and after testing, I see that my IPN listener is not getting hit at all. If I just try to copy-paste the URL of it, then it works.

I probably have more details, but it would be too much to put it all here and I'm not even sure if anyone would bother to reply 😐

So, would appreciate any help,

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.