IPN messages sent to old URL
I am using IPN to process payments on my site. I have changed the URL address of the listener page, but after two hours messages are still sent to the old one. I event totally disabled IPNs and re-enabled them, still old URL is used. Is there something I can do, will it eventually resolve? Do you have any experience?
Good day @Piootr,
Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.
This should be an issue with the "notify_url" parameter which is passing the old IPN URL in your website payment request API call to PayPal system.
Though you have updated the NEW_IPN_URL in your PayPal account settings, the OLD_IPN_URL might have been passed from your website as "notify_url".
The OLD_IPN_URL passed in "notify_url" will over ridding the NEW_IPN_URL marked in your PayPal account settings.
I request to please contact your website developer or the support of the third party platform eCommerce to cross check your website payment API request call and make sure your passing New_IPN_URL as "notify_url".
Once this is done, PayPal system will send the IPN response to your New_IPN_URL.
You can avoid/stop pass the "notify_url" parameter in website payment API request call, since you have already updated the New_IPN_URL in your PayPal account settings.
Please refer the guide link : https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/ipn/IPNSetup/#link-dynamicallysettingthenotificationurl
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- ecommerce renewals fail intermittently with the message [ORDERTIME] => 1970-01-01T00:00:00Z in PayPal Payments Standard
- Changing from PayPal Website Payments Pro to PayPal Advanced Debit and Credit Cards in NVP/SOAP APIs
- Is anyone having a problem integrating a Business Account into the WordPress store? in PayPal Payments Standard
- PayPal Enhance, IPN, ThriveCart in NVP/SOAP APIs
- Setting a Thank You message for donations in NVP/SOAP APIs