IPN issues

icauto
Contributor
Contributor

We  have a web site that needs and uses ipn, instant payment notification. We also have paypal buy now buttons  and paypal virtual terminal. We have had all of it for decades.

about  6 months ago we started getting ipn failure notifications at 12:01am from paypal. We investigated it. It seems as though when someone uses a buy now button, paypal sends an ipnto our site. The server does not respond as its a buy now button, and paypal starts a 7-10 day march notifying us everyday at 12:01am the ipn failed. After 7-10 days, they automatically turn off ipn. Then our site does not work.

I contacted tech support. After multiple calls, emails, I was told they could not fix it and do not have a way to communicate with the developers.

So we moved the buy now buttons to another  paypal account.

WE now find out when we use paypal virtual terminal to run an order, it sends out a n ipn to our site, starting the whole shut down march just as the buy now buttons did. Really? I use virtual terminal to process a credit card, and you sen my site ean IPN. Does this make sense? Why would you send my site an ipn, when the site didnt process the transaction? Paypal processed  it with virtual terminal. But seeing as they send the ipn, and our site doesnt respond, the shut down march starts. THIS IS LUNACY!! Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.