IPN - We were unable to validate the URL you have entered. Please check your entry and try again.

VictorPapa
Contributor
Contributor

My IPN setting was correct and it was working fine.

I went to PayPal website yesterday and made some subscription buttons but I haven't added them to my website yet. I also haven't changed "listener.php" file. Today I noticed I'm not receiving IPN messages anymore. When I went to PayPal website and checked IPN setting, it shows: Message Delivery is Enabled. when I click on "Edit Setting" button and go to setting, it shows "Receive IPN messages (Enabled)" is selected but when I click on "Save button" it shows me: "We were unable to validate the URL you have entered. Please check your entry and try again." Error.

Does anybody know what should I do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MartinNguyen
New Community Member

I'm facing the same problem. All my orders stuck with On Hold status.

It seems that problem come from my SSL Certificate, but I tried to check my server's SSL following this instruction: https://github.com/paypal/TLS-update and everything is okay, no error.

My website is based on WordPress/WooCommerce and using Letsencrypt SSL.

Login to Me Too

VictorPapa
Contributor
Contributor

Despite I contacted PayPal and filled out support form, the problem still exist! I noticed when I set an invalid URL (doesn't exist), PayPal accepts it! but when I set the correct one, it says we can not verify your URL!!!

Login to Me Too

VictorPapa
Contributor
Contributor

Finally PayPal fixed the problem (I didn't do anything) and IPN is working again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.