IPN Failing with Fatal Failure

MMike1
Contributor
Contributor

IPN's are currently failing with Fatal Failure. Started around 6pm Pacific Time. Tried to go check the IPN history and get the same error when going to Account Settings > Notifications > Update (next to Instant Payment Notifications). Checked PayPal Status and it shows Production Systems Operational. Also tried logging into PayPal-support.com to create a ticket but can't seem to get logged in. Hopefully someone can pass this on to the technicians at PayPal? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

GalaxyRider
Contributor
Contributor

Having same issues, IPN notifications work but can't verify them, receiving:   Fatal Failure

Login to Me Too

attiliok
New Community Member

Same here. 

Any workaround at the moment?

Login to Me Too

M66B
Contributor
Contributor

@GalaxyRider your only option is to skip the verification step

Login to Me Too

VigneshVofox
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I am also facing the same issue. Getting 'Fatal Failure' response from IPN verification. Also not able to view IPN history page

Login to Me Too

SkYiiNG
Contributor
Contributor

I also have the same problem,
I need to enter the IPN and send again in order for the player to receive the CDKEY,
The webpage currently does not allow me to view it.

Login to Me Too

slabbi
New Community Member

Can confirm.

Every second verification returns a html page with "Fatal error".

Login to Me Too

imvue

I am experiencing the same issues, trying to verify IPN via https://ipnpb.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_notify-validate and getting "Fatal Error" but still HTTP CODE 200

Login to Me Too
Solved

MMike1
Contributor
Contributor

IPN notifications seem to be working now, last Fatal Failure was around 7am Pacific Time. Also the IPN history page is working as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.